U.S. Open Semis Preview 🎾
Alcaraz, Tiafoe, Ruud & Khachanov. What's missing? You know the answer, but this year's U.S. Open gives us a rare opportunity to see a first-time major winner 🏆 (4 min read)
Tonight's parlay is Tiafoe to beat Alcaraz and Ruud to beat Khachanov. More info below on a chance to win $100 👇
An Eventful Open
We're down to four remaining men's tennis players at the U.S. Open, and it's certainly been a tournament to remember. Before we dive into today's matchups, there's a few crazy streaks we need to touch on. Some have been snapped, but others have a chance to live on 👇
- No American has made the U.S. Open finals since Andy Roddick lost to Roger Federer in 2006
- Frances Tiafoe is the first African-American man to make the Open semis since Arthur Ashe in 1972
Breaking out the Milly Rock is a perfect celebration for reaching your 1st #USOpen semifinal!
Congrats Frances Tiafoe!!!
— Andscape (@andscape)
Sep 7, 2022
- At 19, Carlos Alcaraz is the youngest man to advance this far at the Open since Pete Sampras in 1990
- No non-European player has won ANY major since Juan Martín del Potro at the 2009 Open
Forget about the semifinals...in the 75 majors since 2004, this was just the third quarterfinals with no Federer, Djokovic or Nadal. That is insane. Those three have absolutely dominated, but there will be a first-time winner this year, and I think it's good for the sport. New blood 🎾
Odds To Win The U.S. Open (subject to change)
- No. 3 Carlos Alcaraz: -120 (bet $120, win $100)
- No. 5 Casper Ruud: +300 (bet $100, win $300)
- No. 22 Frances Tiafoe: +410
- No. 27 Karen Khachanov: +650
As you can see from the odds, this major is up for grabs. Usually at this point in the tournament, Nadal and/or Djokovic have control of the betting market, with everyone else pretty far behind. I genuinely think any of these four guys can win, but it makes sense to list Alcaraz as the favorite considering his last match 🤯
- If you missed it, Alcaraz took down Jannik Sinner Wednesday night in an epic 5 hour+ five-set match that ended at 2:50am EST
- He was trailing 2-1 in sets, down breaks in sets 4 and 5 and saved a match point. He's 19. That takes guts
This kid truly is the future of tennis. He's potentially the fastest player we've ever seen, has insane pop for his size, and the audacity to even try to pull this off 😮💨
CARLOS ALCARAZ ARE YOU KIDDING ME 🤯
WHAT A SHOT.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport)
Sep 8, 2022
Alcaraz and Tiafoe will face off in what will be one of the biggest matches of the year. If Carlos wins, he's likely the new world No. 1. If Tiafoe's run continues, American tennis is officially back. Take a look at the lines 👇
No. 3 Alcaraz vs. No. 22 Tiafoe (subject to change)
- Moneyline: Alcaraz -194, Tiafoe +160
The other side of the bracket doesn't have as much intrigue, specifically after Khachanov took down Kyrgios, who was fined for this 😬
A meltdown from Nick Kyrgios after losing in the US Open quarterfinal!
— Third and Five Podcast (@thirdandfivepod)
Sep 7, 2022
Khachanov is playing the best tennis of his career and is coming off back-to-back five-set wins — super impressive. But, his opponent Casper Ruud is the favorite, and can also grab the world No. 1 spot if he wins and Alcaraz loses 👀
Ruud has been there before, getting to the finals at the French Open this past summer before falling to Nadal. This match has similar odds...the Open is really up for grabs 🏆
No. 27 Khachanov vs. No. 5 Ruud (subject to change)
- Moneyline: Ruud -200, Khachanov +164
Who Will Win The U.S. Open?
For My Parlay Gurus
If we're being honest, Alcaraz is the right bet going forward. But, I've been watching tennis for a long time and have never seen an American do what Tiafoe is doing. It's hard to bet against him. On the other side, I'm going with Ruud, who has played much less tennis than Khachanov and should be fresher. Peep my parlay 👇
- Tiafoe to beat Alcaraz: +160
- Ruud to beat Khachanov: -200
$100 on this bet would win you $290 — if we hit, make sure you email [email protected] for a chance to win up to $100*. Many will enter, only some will win 😉
Low on Overtime apparel? Sign up for texts and get 15% off the OT shop, just for Even The Odds readers
Want more betting content from Overtime? Check out Even The Odds on Twitter 🤑
Was this newsletter forwarded to you? Join thousands of other informed subscribers
©2022 Overtime Sports, Inc. All rights reserved.