Tom Brady's Last Game? 🐐
Wild-Card weekend finishes up with the game of the week, as the Cowboys travel to Tampa to take on Tom Brady and the Bucs. Could be the last time we see the GOAT take the field? Buckle up 🏈 (3 min read)
Game Of The Week
After an exhilarating Saturday and Sunday of Wild-Card football, we're down to the final, and potentially the most anticipated game of the first round. To quickly play catch-up, the Chargers blew a 27-0 lead to the Jaguars, the Giants looked really good on the road, and the Bills barely escaped a Miami team with their 3rd string QB 🍿
#Jaguars last 5 home games:
Week 9: Down 17-0 the Raiders. JAX won.
Week 12: Down 19-10 to the Ravens. JAX won.
Week 15: Down 27-10 to the Cowboys. JAX won.
Week 18: Down 10-0 to the Titans. JAX won.
Wild Card round: Down 27-0 to the Chargers. JAX won.
— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate)
Jan 15, 2023
The big question remains, could this be the last game we see Tom Brady play in? All signs point to him leaving Tampa Bay this offseason, but that doesn't mean he won't go play for the Raiders, Dolphins, Niners or any team with a solid roster that wants to win now 👀
The Patriots are currently listed as the favorite to land Tom Brady in the offseason at +250 👀
— Patriots Dynasty (@Pats_Dynasty_)
Jan 6, 2023
Brady leads the NFL in career playoff wins with a record of 35-12. In his two seasons with the Bucs he's gone 5-1, with four wins coming in the 2020-21 Super Bowl run, and a win in Wild-Card weekend last year vs. the Eagles before falling to the Rams 🐐
- The Cowboys have obviously been the better team all season, but are 0-7 as a franchise vs. Brady. 0-5 while he was a Patriot, and 0-2 since he joined the Bucs
- For me, this game is easily the hardest of the weekend to pick - take the better team on the road? Or bet on Brady as an underdog at home? Here's how the lines are shaping up 👇
Cowboys vs. Bucs Betting Preview (subject to change)
- Spread: Cowboys -2.5
- Moneyline: Cowboys -142 (bet $142, win $100), Bucs +120 (bet $100, win $120)
- Over/Under: 45.5
Trivia Question: Outside of Brady, who are the three active players with over 9 career playoff wins?
Dallas Needs It More
Heading into the weekend, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked if a loss tonight will impact HC Mike McCarthy's job status. He said no 😳
Jerry Jones says Mike McCarthy's job is not at stake...
"Jerry, for a change is ending the drama. He's not starting it." — @ColinCowherd
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd)
Jan 11, 2023
Over the last two seasons, the Cowboys have the second most wins in the NFL during the regular season. The Chiefs have 26, while Dallas and Buffalo both have 24. Keep in mind that McCarthy took over in Dallas with a terrible defense, and backup QB Cooper Rush started five games this season and went 4-1 👏
- Obviously the coaching is there, but Jerry Jones is looking for playoff wins. The Cowboys lost at home to the Niners last season in the Wild-Card round. We know what Jerry said, but another early exit could easily change his mind
These two teams actually opened the season with Dallas traveling to Tampa. The Bucs won 19-3 in a fairly boring game that featured one TD 😴
This was the only TD scored the last time the Cowboys and Bucs played back in Week 1. Dallas failed to find the end zone in that game.
The rematch happens this Monday. 👀
— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX)
Jan 12, 2023
I'm leaning towards taking Tom Brady in this one. Over the past five weeks, the Cowboys have seemed a little suspect, with Prescott throwing at least one INT in every game. Does this team really seem like a threat...
- Week 14: beat a bad Texans team 27-23 at home
- Week 15: lost to the Jags 40-34 in OT on a game-losing pick-6
- Week 16: beat the Eagles 40-34 at home, Gardner Minshew started
- Week 17: beat the Titans 27-13
- Week 18: lost to the Commanders 26-6 with Sam Howell playing QB and all of the Cowboys starters playing
Dak Prescott is the first player in NFL history to lead (or share lead of) the NFL in interceptions despite missing 5+ games
— NFL on CBS 🏈 (@NFLonCBS)
Jan 9, 2023
Definitely looking forward to this game more than the five we've seen already. I'm expecting a close one, which usually favors Brady. We'll see what Dallas team shows up
For My Parlay Gurus
I've lost many bets picking against Tom Brady when his team is only average. I'm taking Tampa with the points in a low scoring game, we'll see if flipping my strategy this late in the game comes back to haunt me. Take a look 👇
- Bucs +2.5 vs. Cowboys: -105
- Under 45.5 Total Points: -114
$100 on this bet would win you $266 — if we hit, make sure you email [email protected] for a chance to win up to $100*. Many will enter, only some will win 😉
Want more betting content from Overtime? Check out Even The Odds on Twitter 🤑
Was this newsletter forwarded to you? Join thousands of other informed subscribers
Trivia Answer: After Brady's 35 career playoff wins, the only active players with 9+ are Aaron Rodgers (11), Joe Flacco (10) and Russell Wilson (9)
©2023 Overtime Sports, Inc. All rights reserved.